Friday, December 17, 2010

#24 Salt Dough Ornaments

I found a tutorial throught craftster on how to make salt dough ornaments! Pretty simple, so I gave it a shot. How hard can two ingredients be? Oh well, the factor that it takes ~forever~ to bake, that's how hard! Haha. Yeah, for thinned out sheets of the dough it look about an hour or more. Let's just say the oven was on a while that day. Yay a heater!

I made a few sets. Starting with the taste-tested gingerbread men:
Photobucket
My friend gave me these cookie cutter shapes when we moved into our apartment. I loved the goofy biten look, and really that's all I had for shapes, haha. So morbid gingerbread men it was!
Photobucket
Then the lovey-dovey ornaments! I painted our initials on one, then the date he proposed on another. Plus some random gold designs on the rest. :)
Photobucket
Then lastly, random Christmas-y themed ones. The pictures are awful, arggggh!

Anywho, tomorrow I head back to Kitimat for a vacation. Hopefully I'll get to craft out, but I'm almost too lazy to lug back my supplies... Hmmm. Not sure yet! Maybe I'll just get stuff there to use? Looking forward to the snow and holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment