Thursday, April 7, 2011

#34 Tissue Paper Flowers

More of the wedding craft kick!

I found this tutorial on crepe paper flowers, and fell in love. I eagerly set out to find this magical crepe paper...but the internet disappointed me. :( The sellers of crepe paper on the internet fall into 1 of 3 categories (if not all of the above) - 1) Only ship to the USA; 2) Only ship to schools or other mass users of crepe paper (ie craft stores...in the states...); or 3) Were more than I wanted to spend on paper (although beautiful). I did try some local craft stores, but paper sections are limited to scrapbooking supplies only in most places.

I improvised and tried it out with common gift wrapping tissue paper instead. It doesn't have the same realistic look, but I'm still quite happy with them. Onto the pictures!
Photobucket
And some detail
Photobucket

I want to make this for centerpieces at each table, along with maybe something else decorative (cross-stitch sayings? fancy table numbers?). I've made about 20 so far, but I calculated how many my supplies of tissue paper colours will make and it's up to three hundred flowers! That equals 16 flowers a table if we were to have 20 tables (5 people at each). I might want to make more for each, but that's the minimum to aim for at least. It'd be fun to get the BMs in on it and make flowery crafts together!

No comments:

Post a Comment