Sunday, January 23, 2011

Is this crazy?

I've been pretty obsessed with Pokemon lately. Last night I found a blog where someone was cross-stitching every Pokemon from the original 150 to make a huge mural, from a pattern found on the Sprite Stitch forum. Thinking this over, it seems insane, but I want to try it too! They have a Generation II pattern, which is what I'd probably make because it's the game I've got and the Pokemon I love. :D

I went through all the threads I've got and I have 26 out of the 101 that I need to make it. Yup, 101 threads. The largest I've ever attempted had 50ish and that was crazy enough! I dunno, I feel it's time to try something huge again - and colourful to boot. It's supposed to be 14.2x25 inches...it'll look amazing on the wall.

My game plan will be to do a couple of pokemon a week, maybe one or more depending on how I feel. I think this time though I should go all out and buy all the colours at once. When I did my last huge one, the major reason why I gave up was because I was sick of doing it piece-meal and going to the craft store every other week to get more colours.

Hopefully I'll start this next week! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment