Tuesday, January 25, 2011

#28 Crochet Roses

I'm learning how to crochet! I tried to learn a few years ago, and gave up. Not so sure why I just gave up on it, but I think that for me to bother learning something I need an actual project to try out with the technique. Something relatively easy for a beginner like me! So I found a cute and simple pattern on how to crochet some roses. Basically it's just single chains and some double chains, which are within my grasp, haha. Magic circle? Oh helllll no. Not yet at least, haha.

It's kind of addictive. I like the way the hook feels, all shiny and metal. I've made about 8 over the week, and still take a while making them. Only because I've been multi-tasking as well as I'm a super newb to the art of crochet. I like it! Hopefully I'll keep making things with it, but crochet clothing doesn't really appeal to me that much. I just like cute things - plushies, hearts, roses, etc.

Onto the pictures!
Photobucket
All the roses in a jar. I made the felt plush hearts last year around Valentine's.
Photobucket
Red and pink roses!
Photobucket
The tutorial I used had a stem/leaf crochet pattern part too but I was kind of lazy and didn't want to buy more yarn so I just used the pipe cleaner suggested and left it uncovered.

Speaking of which, the tutorial was from PlanetJune!

No comments:

Post a Comment