Tuesday, September 21, 2010

#16 Wedding Sampler

My friend Colleen got married this past friday, and is having a small wedding dinner to celebrate this coming weekend, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a special gift for her.

I decided to go with making a sweet embroidery wall hanging for them, even though they said no gifts, lol. How can I not do something?! So the embroidery part is finished, but I plan on making a fabric "frame" then have a solid fabric backing for it, with a ribbon to hang it up. I have uh...2 days to finish it before we head on the ferry over to Victoria. Oooh crap. Posting it now because the most time consuming part is done!

Picspam:
Photobucket
Detail shot of the french knot flower bouquet. I looove how these turned out. <3
Photobucket
Detail shot of the lettering and wedding rings. I just used my own handwriting as a template for it.
Photobucket
And the full image! It's about 6"x7.5", and took me about 3 days to finish completely. I just wanted to throw in as much detail as possible, haha. The lazy dazy stitches gave me a lot of trouble, urhghg.

Now to get to work on the border!

1 comment: