Saturday, July 17, 2010

#11 Orange Plaid Dress

I found the pattern instructions! Like a week later, haha. Thankfully, I was too lazy to go to Fabricland to replace the pattern so it just turned up on it's own. I am pretty much the worst finder of things ever.

I still have so much of this fabric left, omg. The lady convinced me to get the end of the roll...and honestly, it didn't take all that much convincing since I fell in love with the orange-ness of it instantly. It's probably enough to make a skirt or something later on.

I'll be soaking up the sun and folky tunes at the Calgary folkfest next weekend in this dress. Mom will have a fit because I can't really wear a bra with it (she's always been a nag about covering up, lol).

Onto the pics!
Photobucket
So bright! I did my best ti match the stripes, but it did get a bit wonked out.
Photobucket
This was supposed to be long like the brown dress I made, but it's summer! What does summer stand for if not short dresses and crazy colours? So I hemmed the shit out of it, haha.
Photobucket
And the back! I'm sad that the weird top part doesn't really lie flat, but I think I can fix that easily enough (if I cared a little more, lol). This bodice pretty much makes it impossible for me to wear a bra with it. Or at least any that I own. Even my strapless would show in the back. I had sticky cup bra pieces once, but I lost them. :S

Oh well, I love this dress. Yaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment